Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen splashback ideas please

Kara85
Getting Established

Kitchen splashback ideas please

Our new kitchen is nearly complete but I am still struggling to choose a splashback. The cabinetry is off-white and we have Caesarstone benchtops and timber floors. 

I am thinking it should make a statement and be a little more bold but I am nervous about getting it wrong. 

I can't even decide on what material to use - tiles or glass. And has anyone used Metaline? Any input appreciated.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Kitchen splashback ideas please

Hi @Kara85,

Welcome to Workshop, a community for D.I.Y. and gardening discussion. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you will receive lots of great information, advice and inspiration for this project and many others to come from our community members. 

I see that you have already found a couple of other splashback discussions on the site. It is always a good idea to use search on the community to see if you can get some ideas and advice from previous posts. You might also be interested in this previous discussion - What would you do with this kitchen - as it includes photos of our glass splashback in our white kitchen (although they are a little reflective in the shots). We are still very happy with our choice! 

I trust other members will have some helpful advice for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Prof
Becoming a Leader

I would suggest the same as I've just suggested to 2Belindas..Black gloss acrylic..Looks very classy..
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@Kara85
See if you can track down a local Bim (3D model) interior Design student or someone using revit +Lumion. Get a quote it should cost approx $100 and you can see exactly what you want in image or Video formats.

The same 3D Model can be used to extract Data & Areas for estimating material & Costs

Tiling Plan, Data & Comparing Quotes

Goodluck

Isobel
Amassing an Audience

@Kara85

I have recommended stainless steel before, I particularly like stainless shelves and then tiles or glass or whatever above. It works well. I don't like tiles near a cooktop as the grout can be hard to clean. You could also continue the stone?

Hi, my wife had the idea of a mirror on one side, smoke gray (I think, so many variations), the other 2 sides just plain simple big size white tile, the mirror allows so much light and makes the kitchen look bigger and airy.
Can't seem to be able to paste a picture for your info, if you want I can email them to you though, ciao

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects