Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen upgrade/Reno asap

jess85
Finding My Feet

Kitchen upgrade/Reno asap

Hi everyone my kitchen is in need of a makeover/upgrade. I'm not very creative and would like everyone's ideas, advice, inputs, plans as mine just keep failing. I will attach photos as I really don't know what to do. It has 3 entrances and we would also like to add a dishwasher.

Thanks everyone muchly appreciated. 

DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG

  

DSC_0316.JPG

 the other entrance is beside the fridge 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Kitchen upgrade/Reno asap

Would you mind drawing on a piece of paper the approximate wall sizes and the size of the doors and windows. Take a quick photo of tour sketch and post it here and I will do my best to give a possible lay out.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jess85,

Welcome to Workshop. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of inspiration and advice for all your projects around the home and garden from our amazing community members.

As the wonderful @redracer01 has encouraged you to do, I would also strongly advise to share a floor plan of your kitchen along with some measurements if you can. Better still, if you have a floorplan of your entire house so we can see where the kitchen is located in relation to other rooms. 

And could you please confirm you are only interested in a makeover and not a total renovation? Do you have an approximate budget? What are your current frustrations with the kitchen and what do you need to solve by doing this work?

It would also help members if you could share information or perhaps even pictures of kitchen styles that you like.

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Jason sorry it's taken so long to get back to you we've just completed some other Reno's now we're finally doing the kitchen. I've attached 2 pics one being a house plan and one is the measurements. We're thinking of knocking out part of the wall where the sink is and closing up the entrance beside the fridge. Need help please.

IMG_20200626_122405.jpg

IMG_20200626_121323.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jess85,

Many thanks for updating the discussion with a floor plan. Let me mention @redracer01 so he is alerted to your response to his question.

Mitchell

Hello @jess85 

I'm glad you finally got to post those measurements. Have a look at these initial drawings and have a good ponder. If you would like to see it in another configuration please drop us a note and I will try to redraw soon as I can. You can bring this to any Bunnings store and get a quote for the cabinets and bench tops!

Cheers,

Red

jess851.jpgjess852.jpgjess853.jpgjess854.jpgjess855.jpgjess856.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@redracer01,

Many thanks for your assistance and quality design once again! I'm sure @jess85 will be amazed at what you have suggested as it looks fantastic.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects