Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for under sink water filter

varununi
Growing in Experience

Looking for under sink water filter

Hi there! 

I am looking for a water filter here in Melbourne, Werribee. My property is pretty old (1984) and I think the water in my house is quite heavy and creates heaviness. there seem to be no other issues. 

Questions I have:

1. I like two brands https://www.bunnings.com.au/stefani-ultimate-undersink-water-filtration-system_p5090032 and https://www.bunnings.com.au/stefani-high-flow-in-line-water-filtration-system_p0175797 but seems like both are similar? 

2. Also, why does the cheaper one offer 2 years warranty and the other doesn't? 

3. Which one is recommended based on the collective experience here?

4. Does either of them need a plumber to install it? 

Please advise! thanks! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for under sink water filter

Hello @varununi

Thank you for sharing your question about under-sink water filters. To answer your immediate question, the difference between the models is the micron rating of the filter, the lower the number of the rating the more it filters. Hence the Stefani Ultimate is more expensive and plus it comes with its own tap. Both units actually come with a 2-year warranty.

From my experience, both filters are quite good, but from personal experience, I recommend the Stefani Twin Undersink Water Filtration System. This unit uses the Universal Replacement Cartridge which is the most commonly stocked filter in the store. Even in a rush situation, you can use any of the Stefani universal cartridges on the twin under-sink filter. 

The most common combination used is the Stefani 250mm 5 Micron Extra Fine Universal Replacement Filter and the Stefani 0.2 Micron All Carbon Universal Replacement Cartridge - 250mm. The first stage cleans and polishes the water while the second filter reduces all the impurities.

In order to be qualified for the warranty the filter must be installed by a registered plumber.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
varununi
Growing in Experience

Thanks @EricL 

I am aware of this model and unfortunately, this model has poor reviews (consistent with flooding due to poor molding). Even bunning's website has so many of them - so I am not keen. 

I think I'll prefer the one with the tap.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @varununi

The Stefani Ultimate Undersink Water Filtration System is a good choice. Please make sure to engage the services of a licensed plumber so that your warranty will be valid. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your water filter installed.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects