Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Our Bunnings budget kitchen transformation *DIY*

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Our Bunnings budget kitchen transformation *DIY*

e.png

Look at our kitchen

It really looks...um..."bitchen"

Even though it was not always so.

We decided we needed

And I think we succeeded

A DIY kitchen reno.

We were sick of the green

The benches obscene

The backsplash old, antiquated.

It once was adored

But now just abhorred

Very broken and dilapidated

So we painted the cabinets

We painted the splash

Got the benches from Bunning's they're merbau.

Lord only knows

How it turned out so well

But it managed to turn out well somehow!

Now I'm pleased to say

That to this very day

We look at it in a hazy proud wonder.

Cause we just don't know

How it turned out to be so

And not one big massive DIY blunder!:)

We needed to update the kitchen because it wasn't really functioning anymore, the tap was leaking through the bench and it was literally falling apart. Also it was green, enough said:) We wanted to spend as little as possible so we painted the tiles and the bottom cupboards, and replaced the sink, got a mixer tap (we thought we were sooo cool!) and replaced the bench with merbau panels. For ages every time I went into Bunnings I would make a beeline for the wooden benches hoping that one day they would have wider sizes, the 600mm would be too hard for us to use as we would have to make joins and that would have ended in disaster because we don't do things like this. Anyway one day we went into Bunnings and I saw large merbau panels and I knew they would be perfect. Long story short we are the proud parents of a very budget Bunnings DIY kitchen and we love it. I have a few photos but if anyone is interested in me explaining our process, the products used and a breakdown of costs I will put a link to our video:)

a.pngb.pngc.pngd.pnge.pngf.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Our Bunnings budget kitchen transformation *DIY*

Wonderful project, many thanks for sharing @daniknight4. Our members will really appreciate you sharing a video and terrific detail about your low-cost reno. Poetry is certainly an added bonus!  

What was the one thing you wished you had known before you started this adventure?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Our Bunnings budget kitchen transformation *DIY*

Hi Jason,

Thank you. We put this makeover off for so long, years actually, so something I wish we knew before we started was it would be ok, all work out fine and not be a big flop!!!:):) Also, that it wasn't has hard as we thought it would be. If we had known all of that we would have tackled this project a lot sooner!

We know it's nothing crazy special, there are so many amazing transformations here, but to us it's pretty cool!!:):)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects