Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Our little kitchen budget makeover

oakpatch
Cultivating a Following

Our little kitchen budget makeover

6230D08F-7091-42A4-9165-3EC829084E76.jpeg

B5E7C975-3D21-461B-BC9D-E044382EE401.jpeg

15017DC9-2100-45A4-8A9B-BC9D4460113F.jpeg

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Our little kitchen budget makeover

Wow that looks great! 😍 @oakpatch 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @oakpatch,

I agree with Jess (@prettyliving) - you've done a terrific job updating your kitchen. It looks more modern, warm and inviting.

Would you be kindly able to take us through your process and how you managed to achieve this look, including any tools or materials used? I'm sure our members will appreciate those details, especially those who are looking to do something similar in their kitchen.

Also, great to see you active again on the site after joining us last year. Look forward to seeing more of your plans and completed projects around the home and garden. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
oakpatch
Cultivating a Following

Thanks so much!! 

oakpatch
Cultivating a Following

This kitchen was so outdated- 

All kitchen cabinetry was ripped out by my husband. 
I actually found the new cabinets on Gumtree for $1000 - which is everything seen here. 
All our appliances are from bunnings. 

We replaced the sink for a Farmhouse sink from Ikea, along with the timber bench tops. 
I then decided to paint the bench tops white by using White Knight Renew Benchtop paint and also add Cladding to the bottom of the bench that I got on Clearance from Bunnings, which I cut and measured myself without using any power tools. 
it’s been a labour of love and changed along the way. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @oakpatch 

Thank you very much for the extra details and sharing photos of your kitchen makeover. It is a beautiful transformation, and the layout is much more relaxed. That cladding is very nicely done and gives it that Hampton finish.

Again, thank you for sharing such an inspirational project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects