Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Practa Straight Line Modular kitchen dimensions wanted

PE
Just Starting Out

Practa Straight Line Modular kitchen dimensions wanted

Would appreciate your help.

I am trying to workout if I can use the Practa Modular Kitchen to replace one part of my kitchen.

Would appreciate if someone can share the dimensions of the individual cabinets that make up the Practa Straight Line Modular Kitchen.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 5.03.20 pm.pngThe product length is listed as 2400mm on the Bunnings website, but looking at the cabinets shown in the picture it looks like the combined length of the kitchen should be 2500mm because Practa cabinets are either 1000 or 500 mm.

Would also like to know if the Practa straight line kitchen has individual cabinets or do some of the cabinets share a common side?

Thanks for your help.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Practa Straight Line Modular kitchen dimensions wanted

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @PE, we're so pleased to have you join us. 

Let me tag our resident kitchen expert @EricL to assist you. He'll be back on the site very shortly to provide help. 

Looking forward to seeing how you can transform your kitchen. Please keep us updated and share photos with the community - everyone loves seeing a good renovation project. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @PE

In this particular instance, the Practa Straight Line Modular Kitchen is special as it is sold as a complete kit. The cabinet sizes are 600mm pantry, 450mm drawer, 900mm base and a 450mm base. This kit is unique in that it has a 900mm base whereas the Practa single set usually only has a Practa 1000mm Melamine Practa Base Cabinet

You'll also notice that Practa single sets only have a 500mm pantry and not a 600mm pantry. Hence trying to recreate the inline set from scratch is not possible. In case you're wondering about the wall cabinets, they are divided into two 450mm wall cabinets and one 900mm wall cabinet. 

As to the shared walls let me investigate further and get back to you. One of the best features of the Practa Inline Kitchen is that by simply changing the benchtop you immediately change the look and feel of the kitchen. Putting in upmarket handles also helps in the overall presentation of the kitchen. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the proposed area to be renovated? I'm sure our members are keen to see where you'll be installing the new kitchen.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PE 

I've just been in contact with my kitchen colleagues at the store. The cabinets are built individually and don't share any walls in the assembly. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thanks for your great help EricL.

So, in saying that all cabinets are individual, does that mean the combination can be changed?

thanks

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @1giveitago. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Practa modular kitchen.

@EricL might like to confirm, but I can't foresee any reason why you couldn't alter the position of the base cabinets. Since the cabinets are built individually and don't share any sides, you'd be able to position them to your preference. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @1giveitago 

My colleague @MitchellMc's advice is spot on. There is no reason why you can't switch cabinet positions as they are independent of each other. However, please note that you can't exchange cabinets for another type of cabinet as the Practa Straight Line Modular Kitchen is a fixed set. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Fantastic

Pulling out the wallet now. lol

thanks guys

Not a problem at all @1giveitago; that's what we're here for! Reach out with any questions you might have when it comes time for assembly and installation. 

Mitchell

Hi, I hoping you may be able to advise please what the weight bearing specs are for the wall units - ie. how many kg can they hold per cabinet or per shelf for each of the 2 sizes that come with this setup

Also there is no mention on the website what material the benchtop is made out of and would love to know that please

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects