Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Practa Straight Line Modular kitchen dimensions wanted

PE
Just Starting Out

Practa Straight Line Modular kitchen dimensions wanted

Would appreciate your help.

I am trying to workout if I can use the Practa Modular Kitchen to replace one part of my kitchen.

Would appreciate if someone can share the dimensions of the individual cabinets that make up the Practa Straight Line Modular Kitchen.

Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 5.03.20 pm.pngThe product length is listed as 2400mm on the Bunnings website, but looking at the cabinets shown in the picture it looks like the combined length of the kitchen should be 2500mm because Practa cabinets are either 1000 or 500 mm.

Would also like to know if the Practa straight line kitchen has individual cabinets or do some of the cabinets share a common side?

Thanks for your help.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Practa Straight Line Modular kitchen dimensions wanted

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jdakic. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Practa modular kitchen.

I don't think I've ever come across a weight rating for cabinetry. They are designed to hold what would be considered typical items stored in a kitchen, like plates, mugs, condiments and cooking equipment. Unless you intend on storing some unusually heavy items not commonly seen in a kitchen, the cabinetry will be more than capable of holding the weight. If your overload the cabinetry, the first thing to fail will likely be the fixings used in the wall and not the cabinet itself. If you plan on loading the cabinetry up to the max, you should use additional fixings into the brickwork or timber studs. Whereas you might normally use four-six fixings per cabinet, you should use eight-ten.

The benchtop is chipboard coated with laminate, which is much the same as the rest of the cabinetry, just in black.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you :smile:

Hi Eric, thanks for this info as I was also after the dimensions for the Practa straight line package - can you please advise the heights & depth of the pantry, base cabinets & overhead cupboards?

I am looking to add some additional cabinets (to the straight line package) using the single Practa base cabinets (the 500mm drawers & 1000mm cabinet), & so was wanting to know if the height & depth of the single units is the same as the base cabinets I n the package.

Many thanks, Sue

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sue3875 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Let me double-check this for you, just to be sure that the sizes are the same. As soon as I have more information, I'll post it here as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sue3875 

I've placed an image below with cabinet measurements included. The pantry is 598mm deep, the base cabinets are 578mm deep and the wall cabinets are 318mm deep. If you are adding the extra two Practa cabinets, it will be necessary to add timber to the back so that they will be at the same level as the Practa straight line package.    

Please don't forget to post an update once you've installed the Practa set in your home. I'm sure our members will be keen to see what the straight set will look like with the additional cabinets.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

sue3875 practa1.jpg

Thanks Eric, appreciated 

cheers Sue

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects