Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Product Recommendation - Pour Epoxy

WatersD
Just Starting Out

Product Recommendation - Pour Epoxy

Hi Everyone

I'm revamping my dining table and I'm going to be covering it with pictures (vintage postcards).  So hubby and I have decided a clear epoxy finish is probably best but neither of us has used epoxy before.  So What I'm wondering is which product would be recommended for this kind of project? Also it's a 6 seater table - any ballpark guesses as to how much I'd need? 

dinig table.jpg

I have a small coffee table I'm going to practice on first, I'm not just jumping into the main event :smile: 

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Product Recommendation - Pour Epoxy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @WatersD. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on epoxy coatings.

I'd recommend you use something similar to Feast Watson 1m² Glass Finish. The only other two-part resin options are Protite 250g Fibreglass Resin which is not suitable, and Protite 500g Clear Casting Embedding Fibreglass Resin. I've used the casting resin a few times before, and I would be hesitant to recommend it for your project. It's generally used to cast small objects in, and I believe that being a polyester resin can have issues going hard when exposed to oxygen. As you can imagine, it is fairly hard not to have it in contact with oxygen in your usage.

The Feast Watson Glass Coat is also available in a 0.5m² quantity. You should see some stunning results using it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects