Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Reno on a budget

kezled
Finding My Feet

Reno on a budget

We moved into our house in October 2021 and had originally planned to put a new kitchen in. We ended up having to pay more deposit, which took the finances we had so we had to improvise and renovate.

My husband fitted a splash back window in, as the light was quite poor in the kitchen.

we then went on to rip the cabinets off the top and fitted a new bench, sink, cooker and oven and painted the doors etc with the dulux renovation range. 

my husband used the subway tiles to finish the modern look of the renovation.

New handles on the doors and a new pendant light completed the look.

BB4FB976-ABBE-4114-8ECD-23ACD80E539D.jpeg

344A27C5-1C6A-4167-962F-4C12675AE5CE.jpeg

144E7C99-8685-4CC0-B10B-3D6847C7DE56.jpeg

8DF34B15-77C1-4C99-AA48-0F4C97CD14C1.jpeg

4BA4817F-31A7-42FD-8459-7416633C97A1.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Reno on a budget

Hello @kezled

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's magnificent to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your kitchen renovation.

I'm truly impressed with how you managed to transform the look of the kitchen even though you were on a budget. Removing that cabinet turn not only made the kitchen more accessible but also made building the benchtop a lot more simple. Those EasyVJ panels really add character to your breakfast bar and go so well with the decor in the room.  

The white cabinetry of course makes the kitchen look even bigger and the benchtop colour and style blends in with the rest of the kitchen theme.

Again, thank you for sharing your amazing kitchen revamp.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects