Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sage-coloured feature wall

melliemoo
Finding My Feet

Sage-coloured feature wall

IMG_7144.jpeg

We were wanting to break up the monotone colour of our open plan kitchen/dining area by making the largest wall a feature one. Inspired by a sage coloured spatula we had, we chose Dulux’s Bryophyte green. Very happy with the final result! 

Materials

Poly Interior Fill
3M Scotch Blue Masking Tape

Dulux Wash and Wear Bryophyte Green - 2 coats

Tools

Monarch All Purpose Brushes

Monarch Microfibre Rollers

Rocket Sandpaper 

Steps

Step 1

Wiped down wall and surrounds damp cloth 

Step 2

Filled cracks with Poly

Step 3

Sanded down

Step 4

Masked off all skirting 

Step 5

Painted edges with brush

Step 6

Rollered the larger area (twice)

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Large Sage Feature Wall D.I.julY!

Hi @melliemoo,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome to have you join us and thank you for sharing your great feature wall with us. How amazing is it your colour choice was inspired by your favourite spatula. I think this green is a perfect balance to your lovely timber table. Any advice for someone wanting to a paint a feature wall for the first time? 

Great paint projects like yours sometimes get featured in our Top Ideas articles like this Top 10 most popular painting projects. You never know, you might find your project in there one day! We hope Workshop becomes a valuable platform for you, offering inspiration and guidance for all your DIY projects. If you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you throughout your DIY journey.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects