Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

One of my nephews has just moved into his new town house, the kitchen has a range hood installed under the overhead  with no shelving in the cupboard, he asked me if I could make some shelving and duct cover, hopefully others can utilize this space. see photos of before and after shots.

AAIMG_7515.JPGBefore shot of range hood cupboardBefore shot of range hood cupboardBIMG_7518.JPGCCGSNV9243.JPGCCHHQ3490.JPGCCHIMG_7524.JPGIMG_7526 (2).JPGIMG_7575 (2).JPGIMG_7576.JPGIMG_7579.JPGFinished shelving and duct coverFinished shelving and duct cover

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shelves and duct cover for range hood cupboard

What a great project which I'm sure many of our members could replicate @JoeAzza.

All too often, we could write this space off as unusable, but you've certainly shown that with a relatively simple install it can be very functional.

Well done and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

I can’t believe that someone thought that original “installation” was acceptable. What a great solution you created, well done :smile:

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

Thankyou, yes couldn’t believe it either. It wasn’t the best cabinet making work achieved on a new house.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects