Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

JoeAzza
Super Contributor

Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

One of my nephews has just moved into his new town house, the kitchen has a range hood installed under the overhead  with no shelving in the cupboard, he asked me if I could make some shelving and duct cover, hopefully others can utilize this space. see photos of before and after shots.

AAIMG_7515.JPGBefore shot of range hood cupboardBefore shot of range hood cupboardBIMG_7518.JPGCCGSNV9243.JPGCCHHQ3490.JPGCCHIMG_7524.JPGIMG_7526 (2).JPGIMG_7575 (2).JPGIMG_7576.JPGIMG_7579.JPGFinished shelving and duct coverFinished shelving and duct cover

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shelves and duct cover for range hood cupboard

What a great project which I'm sure many of our members could replicate @JoeAzza.

All too often, we could write this space off as unusable, but you've certainly shown that with a relatively simple install it can be very functional.

Well done and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Super Contributor

Re: Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

I can’t believe that someone thought that original “installation” was acceptable. What a great solution you created, well done :smile:

JoeAzza
Super Contributor

Re: Shelves and duct cover for rangehood cupboard

Thankyou, yes couldn’t believe it either. It wasn’t the best cabinet making work achieved on a new house.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects