Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should I remove existing kitchen splashback tiles before or after new kitchen goes in?

BR84
Just Starting Out

Should I remove existing kitchen splashback tiles before or after new kitchen goes in?

I'm having a complete kitchen renovation in a couple of weeks. Is it best to have the splashback tiles removed before the installers come? Thanks so much.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: remove existing kitchen splashback tiles before or after new kitchen goes in?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BR84. It's wonderful to have you join us and many thanks for your question about removing tiles.

This is a job that could be done before or after the kitchen renovation if the tiles are above the bench and below the new wall cabinetry. However, whether you are removing the tiles yourself or having a tradesperson do it, you should expect a certain amount of damage to be done to your wall sheeting. This could just be cosmetic or require replacing wall sheets entirely. It would be my advice to complete this work prior to the installation of the new kitchen. You certainly wouldn't want to damage your new bench with debris from removing the tiles. It will also be the most streamlined approach as once the kitchen is in you can then install your new splashback immediately.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects