Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small oven stand

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Small oven stand

A few weeks ago @Stuardo  posted an air fryer stand, to prevent heat transfer to the bench top, which could cause damage  to the bench.

I decided to make a similar stand for my small bench top oven, see images below. My oven gets very hot when using the bottom element, over 60 degrees centigrade. I did have a porcelain tile, however the heat still transferred from the tile to the bench, leaving an air gap prevents the heat transfer.Temperature between oven and top section of stand before air gap 76 deg CTemperature between oven and top section of stand before air gap 76 deg C16mm black melamine used and edged16mm black melamine used and edgedHeat gun used to install edgingHeat gun used to install edgingCork block used to pressed heated edging on boardCork block used to pressed heated edging on boardAn old electric planer blade was used to trim the edgingAn old electric planer blade was used to trim the edgingA file to clean up ends of edgingA file to clean up ends of edgingSnad eding when trimmedSnad eding when trimmedCountersunk hole for 8 guage x 40mm black wood screwsCountersunk hole for 8 guage x 40mm black wood screws8g x 40 wood screws8g x 40 wood screwsIMG_8034 - Copy.JPGIMG_8037 - Copy.JPGFelt pads added for base to bench top, to prevent scratchingFelt pads added for base to bench top, to prevent scratchingStand installedStand installedTemperature reading inside stand, 28C degTemperature reading inside stand, 28C degOven was set at 200 deg COven was set at 200 deg CTemperature reading between oven and air gap of stand, 29 deg CTemperature reading between oven and air gap of stand, 29 deg C 

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Small oven stand

Hello @JoeAzza 

Impressive build! Plus the scientific method of build, test and conclude was most excellently displayed! This test should prove useful to anyone having second thoughts about the validity of putting an oven stand! Just send all your build requests to @JoeAzza ! I'm sure this will inspire many of our members to build their own oven stand. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

.@redracer01

thankyou

Hey @JoeAzza Nice job!

You took my simple stand to the next level and I tip my hat to you. Showing the difference in temperature is a real eye opener.

Cheers,

Stuart

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great work, @JoeAzza! That will certainly stop any damage from occurring.

Many thanks for including details on how you went about the build, as I trust they will help any other members who want to build something similar.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects