Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Thanks Bunnings for help with our new kitchen!

keterlich
Building a Reputation

Thanks Bunnings for help with our new kitchen!

Image4.pngImage 3.pngImage2.pngWe had a design in mind and contacted the Bunnings design team who modified it to fit our space perfectly and gave us some great ideas. They modified our bench space so that we could build in the wine fridges while still giving us plenty of storage space. We ordered raw board for the doors and panels so we could paint our own cabinetry. We used Porters Paints Explorer Blue and then sealed all surfaces. We added some inverted picture rail to the tops of the cabinetry to give it a little bit more of a country look. Thanks Bunnings, we put it all together, installed it and love it!

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Thank you Bunnings for your help with our new kitchen!

Hello keterlich and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Congratulations on an excellent project. It is absolutely stunning and will create a lot of interest..

We wish you every success with your entry..

Prof

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @keterlich

Your kitchen is just absolutely gorgeous! The Porters Paint is just so subtle, it's just like a soft blue merging into white. Can you please tell me what handle you used for your kitchen? It looks absolutely amazing, it definitely completes the Country Hampton vibe and the inverted picture rail completes the look.

Thank you so much for sharing your kitchen renovation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nham
Becoming a Leader

Re: Thanks Bunnings for help with our new kitchen!

Wow and wow. That’s a beautiful kitchen and you have double ovens. Can I ask, how you painted the cabinet doors and how did you get then so smooth. We used porter paints for our walls (popcorn) and doors (Hampton blue) and love the texture.

LizzieCro
Making a Splash

Wow, that's a really beautiful kitchen, and the colour is brilliant! Really well done.

keterlich
Building a Reputation

Thanks so much!

keterlich
Building a Reputation

Thank you!

keterlich
Building a Reputation

Hi Nham,

Thanks for your lovely words.  With the cabinet doors I used a primer, sealer and undercoat as the first coat. With the Porter Paint, this one is Explorer Blue. I just used a paint brush, ensuring that once it was all painted and while still wet, I ran the brush down in one stroke from top to bottom in lines across each surface so that any brush marks (when the paint was wet) were going the same way. It then dried beautifully flat so there were no brush strokes at all. I love that paint - it's fantastic to work with.

To add, the larger areas like the ends of the island bench I used a small roller - I then did the same as above and went over it with the brush to remove the rolled paint stippled look.

keterlich
Building a Reputation

Thanks Eric!

I love the creamy finish of the Porter's Paint with that slight sheen. 

The handles are a third party product. I had seen them online a long time ago when we first started talking about a new kitchen and fell in love with them. Both the long and small handles are the same brand - Asidrama.   They're the brushed satin nickel version.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects