Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tiny house kitchen island

Kylee29
Getting Established

Tiny house kitchen island

E51E335D-07E4-44D7-AAFF-5CC51EB8B922.jpeg

A202A005-89BC-40C7-87DC-BC3C67BB92D0.jpeg

7FABC47B-85BE-47C6-B34F-5A63F0FB8DFC.jpeg

36CE10F2-9E77-43F3-98EB-66395DFBFDCB.jpeg

Repurposed old desk into mobile kitchen island for tiny house. 

Island timber top has overhang at back and room for two barstools. 
Chalk paint, Specrite panel top, caster wheels, hooks, towel rail and metal spray paint (handles ) all from my local Bunnings. 
Last photo shows the desk as purchased from Facebook marketplace.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiny House Kitchen Island

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kylee29. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this unique project.

I just love what you've done here! There's no way I would have guessed this was a re-purposed desk; it looks custom built. I'm intrigued by the timber on the bottom; what is that? It adds a very rustic charm to the unit. Was it also reclaimed from another item?

Well done on creating an exceptional piece. The only issue now is that I need to hear more about the "Tiny House" this island bench will call home. Sounds super unique, and I look forward to learning more.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Tiny House Kitchen Island

Hi Mitchell. The tiny house is an ongoing project, I will upload more pictures as we complete projects. It will have a industrial / vintage vibe.  Only really get to work on it weekends, so progress is slower than I would like. 
Yes, I have repurposed some timber from a vintage table top for the base ( with enough left over for some shelves in the kitchen ). 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects