Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled large Pine chopping board

Carmel1955
Having an Impact

Upcycled large Pine chopping board

Recently repainted tiles, benchtop and cupboards in kitchen.. Became a little 'precious' about the painted benchtops!! though holding up well.  Found old pine computer desk at op shop and dismantled top.  Sanded and sealed with Grapeseed oil.

Placed stick on felt pads (bought at bunnings) on bottom so chopping board slides easily for wiping and cleaning.   This board is quiet light and easily moved around whereas traditional hardwood boards of this size would be very heavy.20220823_174829.jpgSlides over edge for cleaningSlides over edge for cleaning

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled large Pine chopping board

What a great idea, @Carmel1955. It's always best to try and prevent damage rather than have to repair it. I love the chopping board size as I've always wanted one similar. I might have to keep my eye out for an old desk too.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Upcycled large Pine chopping board

Looks fantastic @Carmel1955 , great use of an old item and never would have guessed it came from a computer desk. It looks big as well, what are it's dimensions and total weight?

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects