Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled old drawers to farmhouse cabinet

DonnaDrummond1
Building a Reputation

Upcycled old drawers to farmhouse cabinet

20220313_172848.jpg

When I found this old set of drawers they had no top and there were only draw fronts and no inner cabinet.

So I stripped and sandered back the top draw. Found an awesome piece of timber slab to use as the top. Recycled bed slats as shelves. Painted and then distressed the rest of the cabinet and it turned into great usable farmhouse display cabinet work bench. It was a very rewarding project.

20220313_164809.jpg

20220313_172924.jpg

20220303_112759.jpg

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Upcycled old drawers to farmhouse cabinet

Hi DonnaDrummond1 

welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Your project looks very nice and I'm sure many people would like to know more about it..

We wish you every success with your entry..

Prof..

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @DonnaDrummond1,

Let me also extend a warm welcome from the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining and sharing your farmhouse cabinet upcycle project with us. You'll find the community is filled with inspiration, advice, and amazing articles that many of our members' projects are part of like our top 10 most popular indoor furniture projects.

This beautiful cabinet looks like something you would purchase straight off the showroom floor. Did you find anything challenging while you were upcycling? Was the top drawer already a drop-down or did you make it so? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi KatieC

It was an exciting project. I had a vision of what I wanted as soon as I got the empty shell of a cupboard.  It did have 3 drop down doors on the front but nothing inside so it was very weird. So I decided to use the top one and add shelves to it all. Every thing on it that I used was recycled which I love. Even the paint was left over from a family members house build. 

Thank you

Hi @DonnaDrummond1,

I think you made the right choice with keeping the top drop down and the others open. It really looks lovely!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects