Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Very difficult to think about reno

M2
Getting Established

Very difficult to think about reno

current kitchen.PNGFlllor plan.PNG

Please advise me how should i reno the small little kitchen ,i prefer to change colour and maybe all kitchen, even it still new.  the layout is very difficult,

Also living room is very difficult shape, where should i put sofa and TV ( cabinet), any suggestion?

would like to keep two bedrooms for future.

Please advise me.

I think i will change Floor to White timber ( stress one) and would like to paid wall White and black,

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Very difficult to think about reno

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @M2. It's great to have you join us and we trust that you will get plenty of helpful advice and inspiration for this project from our wonderful members.

In order for members to assist, I would encourage you to share more about your goals for the project. What are you hoping to achieve? What are the specific problems with the current kitchen layout that you want to solve? What can we help you with? You might also like to share photos of your living room so members can see what you are working with in relation to where a sofa and entertainment unit might be placed. 

Changing the kitchen colours is certainly no problem. Many Workshop members have successfully used the Dulux Renovation Range to paint cabinetry and even tiles and benchtops. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
M2
Getting Established

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

We just got a new place and would like to change all, actually, especially the Kitchen. but shape is difficult. we also need help for living, outdoor.

What are you hoping to achieve?

A: I would like to make Black and White, simple room.

What are the specific problems with the current kitchen layout that you want to solve?

A: i am happy to change all kitchen, and would like to know the budget, i have been to one of the shop and see the products already, but layout would like to get some advise.

What can we help you with?

A: Kitchen change, and any reno you can advise, we would like to process.

You might also like to share photos of your living room so members can see what you are working with in relation to where a sofa and entertainment unit might be placed.  

A: the photo is the person currently live, and she will move out soon.

I have big 3 seat brown leather sofa, and dark brown TV cabinet, and dark brown book case.

Changing the kitchen colours is certainly no problem. Many Workshop members have successfully used the Dulux Renovation Range to paint cabinetry and even tiles and benchtops. 

A: just changing colours makes big different?

please advise .

Current dinning.PNGcurrent living photo.PNGcurrent living 2.PNGBed 1.PNGmain bed room.PNG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @M2,

I'd also like to welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community.

I believe it would be a great experience for you to have a Bunnings kitchen consultant come out and view your kitchen space. They can assist you in planning and designing your kitchen by giving you ideas and working with yours to create an amazing space. It is a simple process to book online a kitchen consultant. You can choose to have a consult online, in-store or at your home. This service is particularly helpful if you are not really sure what you are looking for.

The painting is something you can start doing now. You should find this step-by-step tutorial helpful: How to paint like a professional by @Peggers. Changing colours always makes a big difference to the feeling of a space.

A few Bunnings step-by-step tutorials which will help in planning your space are:

Let me mention our resident design expert @prettyliving to see if she had any ideas for your space.

Please let us know if there you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

EC97F6B9-D069-42DC-A1A8-ADF081E312C4.jpeg

Hi @M2 

Sometimes it’s best to wait until you’re in the house and move the furniture around a bit to figure out what works best. 
It’s always hard to tell by pics how big the space is but I’ve attached a rough sketch of where you could put the couch and cabinet etc. You could always put a buffet on the wall opposite the front door and have art work on the wall to left of the entry way. 
The kitchen actually looks quite nice from the pics, what were you wanting to change with this? Make it bigger or? 
The house defiantly looks like it has a lot of potential! 👌🏻

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @M2 

Here are a few ideas.

Cheers,

Red

M2 kitchen1.jpgM2 kitchen2.jpgM2 kitchen3.jpgM2 kitchen4.jpgM2 kitchen5.jpgM2 kitchen6.jpgM2 kitchen7.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

M2
Getting Established

Thank you so much. Your your suggestion! I will wait till moved in! and check details.

I really would like to make over nice house,!

Thank you !

M2
Getting Established

Thank you so much, i can image now!

I will come to see one of your shop to discuss more.

Can we change the kitchen Black and White?

I am thinking to cnage all floor with White stress wood, and some of wall  and kitchen makes black.

do you think it will too dark?

M2

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @M2,

As long as you have some lighter colours like the floor and wall then I don't think the black kitchen would be overpowering. If you search the internet for black and white kitchens there are plenty of examples with amazing results. I have seen some examples where the lower cabinetry is black and the upper wall cabinets were white and it looks very nice.

We look forward to seeing you begin your kitchen renovation and please make sure to let us know if you need any assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

M2
Getting Established

Thank you Mitchell,

Can i walk in the shop and ask one of staff to help? and can they also advise me Living, and garden too.

Can we tell budget and ask what we can do?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects