Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What fittings do I need for a countertop dishwasher?

aloron
Growing in Experience

What fittings do I need for a countertop dishwasher?

I have purchased an Everdure counter top dishwasher from Bunnings but no one could tell me what fittings I need to connect it to a kitchen tap. I would appreciate any help please

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: countertop dishwasher

Hello @aloron 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop! Would it be possible to take a photo of the sink tap you are trying to connect to. As there are many types and there is no one size fits all. This will allow us to better identify the parts that you will need to connect your counter top dish washer. Thanks!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @aloron. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your enquiry about countertop dishwasher connections.

It's great to see @redracer01 if on the case, and we look forward to seeing those images of your tap spout so we can provide a solution.

You might be interested in reading through these discussions on @gilberttang's Benchtop dishwasher installation and @MinB's Benchtop dishwasher tap connections. They both successfully connected their benchtop dishwashers.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
aloron
Growing in Experience

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @aloron,

After reading through the manual for this machine, it has a 3/4 screw hose connector. We'll need to convert your existing spout. If you use the threaded section of this sink adaptor which is 15mm, and a Kinetic 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush, that should give you a 3/4 inch thread to screw your hose onto. You'll need some thread tape when joining these threaded sections.

I would just like to double-check first with @redracer01 whether the 20mm thread is equivalent to 3/4 inch or if he has any other suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @aloron 

Yes @MitchellMc s recommendations are perfect and they should allow you to install your dishwasher hose on to the tap. Although it says 3/4 it is set to Australian standards and should fit. I suppose strictly speaking a 3/4 Imperial should not work with a 20mm metric but a lot people use the term 3/4 to refer to dishwasher and washing machine hoses, which when tested on 20mm fittings work! However if for some reason it does not work please post your question here on workshop and we will try to answer it as best we can. 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hello @aloron 

Here is a suggested diagram for you when connecting the dish washer to the sink tap. Hope it helps.

Cheers. 

Red 

IMG_20210522_224524.jpg

aloron
Growing in Experience

Thank you that will be a great help 

MinB
Building a Reputation

@aloron 

Also, make sure to have extra rubber seals, washers or rings of various sizes  on hand. I found this stopped leakages as well in a major way. I didn't end up needing the tape after buying it as I reworked those rubber washers to see how that would go.  Maybe just a little around the area the aerator would have been.

You will find that the water will run hard and strong without an aerator so be prepared. I bought a hand sprayer which has worked out really well so far and I have no regrets getting it.

aloron
Growing in Experience

The thread is inside the tap. The aerator has a male thread. Can you get an adapter with with a male thread? 

I am just trying to help a family with disabled children and they live in a rental house. I just want to make their lives a bit easier. The landlord will not let them make alterations so I need to do this as portable as possible.

Sorry to be such a nuisance but would you recommend that I get a plumber to do all this work. I have been to three different Bunnings stores and no body can help so I appreciate your advice.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects