Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What fixings for a kitchen wall unit?

haupties
Just Starting Out

What fixings for a kitchen wall unit?

hi is it ok to use Ramset hammer in anchor  mushroom head fixings size 6.5mm x 75mm to secure 1000mm kitchen wall unit ( will use 6 fixings ) to a brick interior wall thanks

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What fixings for a kitchen wall unit?

Delighted to have you join our wonderful Workshop community, @haupties, welcome. 

Thanks for your question. It might be helpful if you could take and post photos of the kitchen wall unit and the wall on which you're trying to secure it to. That'll help our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts on the site to get a better idea of what you're working with, enabling them to provide more helpful suggestions. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images on the site.

Let me also call upon our experienced members @Nailbag@TedBear and @Jewelleryrescue in case they have any thoughts in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: hammer in anchor

Hello @haupties 

My apologies for the late reply. I propose using the Ramset 8 x 50mm Blue Wall Plugs Blue - 25 Pack or Ramset 8 x 60mm Countersunk DynaBolt Plus Masonry Anchor. Using six fixings is ideal and should be enough to hold the cabinet and its  contents in it.

In regards to the type of screw, I suggest using Zenith 10G x 65mm Gold Passivated Countersunk Rib Head Chipboard Screws - 50 Pack.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to install masonry fixings

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Making a Splash

Re: What fixings for a kitchen wall unit?

Hi @haupties definitely follow @EricL steps as this utilises screws that can be removed if required. It also allows for some forgiveness in the case that the cabinet holes don't perfectly line up with the centre of the wall plugs. As long as the screws bite into the nylon plug the fastening will be secure.

regards, Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects