Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What food safe gloss sealant for cheeseboard?

Soo
Just Starting Out

What food safe gloss sealant for cheeseboard?

Hi, i paint and pour acrylics and have done several cheeseboards as gifts, naturally i can not oil them with painted deco  so am looking for a food safe gloss sealer that is not two pack resin (which i am told is not food safe). Thank you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: food safe gloss sealant for cheeseboard

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Soo. It's super to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about food-safe sealants.

I'd suggest you check out Cabots 1L Clear Gloss Benchtop Timber Finish. You need to test it to see if it will work on your craft project, as it is designed for use on timber and not acrylics. However, it is food-safe once cured and water-based, so there's a good chance that it would work for you.

Many readily available products are non-toxic, but products that have been tested and received a food-grade rating are typically only produced for common uses like oiling/varnishing timber kitchen benchtops and chopping boards.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects