Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is this Round plastic thing on Wall behind fridge cavity? Need a water point for new ice maker

bobstreet
Finding My Feet

What is this Round plastic thing on Wall behind fridge cavity? Need a water point for new ice maker

20240206_112607.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: what is this Round plastic thing on Wall behind fridge cavity, need a water point for new ice...

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bobstreet. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting an ice maker.

I'm not entirely sure what that is. Potentially, it's a port that a waterline for the fridge would be connected to. Does the central section move at all? Is it a cap that can be prized off?

Let me tag @Dave-1 and @Jewelleryrescue to see if they have any thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: what is this Round plastic thing on Wall behind fridge cavity, need a water point for new ice ma

ftermoon @bobstreet 

Mmmmm This is inside the fridge? Or is it on the wall of the room the fridge sits in?

I would be having a google for your model fridge. The name and model are usually in two places, inside the door on the right? (not sure of that one) and outside on the bottom left. (Only reason I know that is my fridge decided to hicup over Christmas lol) 

See if you can find an exploded view of what your model does. I really dont want to take a guess as things I have thought should do something dont :smile: Maybe its a pushbutton to call for the fridge to be restocked... O:)

Dave

Re: what is this Round plastic thing on Wall behind fridge cavity, need a water point for new ice ma

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply, plug is on the back wall of the fridge cavity.

Pulled the cap off to reveal not much. Have taken a pic with cap off.

What do you think.

20240211_130045.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Not sure what that is, but unfortunately, it's not a water connection @bobstreet. It looks like you'll need a plumber to run pipe to the location for you.

Mitchell

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @bobstreet 

:smile: Looks interesting I must admit but id still be looking up the model of your fridge.

Breathing valve?

Really couldnt make a guess :smile:

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Dave-1,

Sounds like this plug is on the rear wall of the fridge cavity. I presume that's on the wall not the fridge itself, but @bobstreet might need to confirm.

Mitchell

Hi @bobstreet 

I have seen those before on gyprock  walls  where the fridge  goes.

I am just assuming that is a pre drilled and plugged hole in case the home owner wants a  water line to there  fridge  or freezer a   common thing these days.   

A  far a  plumbing goes you will still need a  mini tap  added there inside the wall and a  hose line running down the wall to make it all work.

As the tap  sticks out from the wall  I would  want the tap closer to the edge of the cavity so the frigde  can recess in  more.

This is my  first thoughts after seeing in in a display home.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects