Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What plumbing tool to use to remove mixer tap fixing nut?

clivelloyd
Finding My Feet

What plumbing tool to use to remove mixer tap fixing nut?

Im looking to remove fixing nut inorder to replace my kitchen mixer tap. My hands barely reach behind the sink. Im not sure what tool can be used to remove this fixing nut( black)

129C59AB-22B4-4FF5-AB1B-5261C6B33E10.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: plumbing tool for fixing nut

Hi @clivelloyd

Unfortunately, there is no specific tool to remove this plastic fixing nut under the kitchen tap. This type of assembly is usually installed before the sink is fixed in place. In order to have better access to the fixing nut, I suggest removing both Flexi-hoses by turning them anti-clockwise. Once the hoses are off you should have a bit more access to the fixing nut. 

I recommend using Haron 45mm Slip Joint Pliers. If the black plastic skirt is too flexible and you cant get a grip on both sides try holding just one side to get it loose. If it still proves to be too difficult, you'll have to remove the locking clips under your sink and take your sink off in order to remove the kitchen tap.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric

Let us know how you go @clivelloyd and don't hesitate to reach out again if you continue to have difficulties. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects