Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What ramp trim for 15mm tile to wood floor drop?

Jez
Just Starting Out

What ramp trim for 15mm tile to wood floor drop?

Hi I'm looking for a wooden ramp trim/reducer for a 15mm drop between kitchen tiles and wooden floor. I'm wondering if this item is too short to do the job? 

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/roberts-nature-s-edge-reducer-10mmx3m-unfinished_p0148818?store=9471&gcli...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What ramp trim for 15mm tile to wood floor drop?

Hello @Jez 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about your floorings transition piece.

Unfortunately, the Roberts Nature's Edge Reducer 10mmx3m Unfinished is not tall enough to cover the transition. Because the gap is so large, I suggest using Porta 30 x 12mm 2.4m Moulding Tasmanian Oak Beveled Glass Bead Select in combination with Roberts 3.3m Bronze Floating Floor Junior Trim. This is so that the transition will not be so abrupt when walking over it.

One other option is making your own timber transition piece with a 42 x 19mm 2.4m DAR Pine Premium. However, you'll need a circular saw and a router to cut the necessary angle and channel in the timber piece.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects