Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What replacement for Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil on a timber kitchen benchtop?

fergusonje97
Finding My Feet

What replacement for Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil on a timber kitchen benchtop?

I was after advice as to what would be suitable to use to coat a timber kitchen benchtop. When it was originally installed, Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil was used as the finish. However, I have not been able to find somebody that supplies it in Hobart. What would people advise as a suitable replacement to Penetrol that can be purchased locally and does not require the banchtops to be sanded back to the timber. The benchtop is in good condition and just needs a light sand to remover some marks before recoating it.

Thanks

Jim

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacement for Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil on a timber kitchen benchtop

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @fergusonje97. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil.

Although that is not a stocked line in our Australian stores, we can place a special order for you. Flood has plenty of stock available and has said we can order a single container. Please quote this product #700100/1L to the team at your closest store's Special Orders desk.

Alternatively, the Kaboodle 750ml Clear Hardwax Oil, Feast Watson 250ml Kitchen Timber Oil, and Bondall 500ml Monocel Timber Bench Top Oil are stocked in-store.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Replacement for Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil on a timber kitchen benchtop

I have finished the first section of bench top using the Feast Watson kitchen timber oil. It's looking good. A lovely matt finish. 

Thanks for the advice. 

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What replacement for Penetrol Multipurpose Wood Oil on a timber kitchen benchtop?

That's wonderful, thanks for the update @fergusonje97.

Feel free to post before and after photos of your benchtop once you're done. We always love seeing our members terrific projects.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects