Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where can I order kitchen cabinet doors?

ritcho
Getting Established

Where can I order kitchen cabinet doors?

Hi, I am new to this community.

KitchenKitchen

this is my kitchen, only 10 years old at the time I moved in. The cabinets inside are fine and well-maintained, just the the cabinet doors are a bit dated.

I have painted it, and changed the handles, but still feel not as what I like. I like shaker-style cabinets. As shown in below picture, the cabinet door surface is not flat, so I can't add panels on top just like what other people do. 

I am thinking to measure and order cabinet doors. Can anyone suggest where can I order cabinet doors? or any other cheaper ways to facelift my kitchen.

I am not super-handy, but can handle basic DIY works, thanks.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where can I order kitchen cabinet doors?

Hello @ritcho

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about kitchen cabinet doors.

Ordering custom kitchen doors is only possible if your doors are the same size vertically. The Kaboodle doors can be ordered in custom width only. I suggest measuring each door that you have and speaking to your store's In-store Kitchen Expert. They can then assess the doors that you have and see if the Kaboodle doors are compatible with your cabinets.

Another method is modifying your kitchen doors with MDF. There have been some members who have modified their kitchen doors using this material to change the look of their doors. I suggest having a look at this discussion - Kitchen reno with paint and ply by @LizzieCro. You'll notice that they used the same doors but used plywood to give their kitchen doors that shaker trim. I've placed an image below to give you an idea of how it can be done.

The more challenging method is to make your own doors. If you have the necessary tools, it is possible to make your own custom-sized doors. Although a bit more involved, I believe that with proper planning and preparation the doors can be built to your specifications. 

Let me call on our experienced members @redbournreno and @prettyliving for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Projects Editor
Projects Editor

Hello @ritcho,

Thank you for your question. Let me also extend a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. 

It's great to see you've received some fantastic advice from Eric in response to your question. I would also encourage you to check out our list of Top 10 most popular kitchen projects for more ideas on your kitchen makeover. You can also visit our Featured Projects page and browse our list of completed projects under the Kitchen tag. 

Our community of amazing members is also always ready to answer any specific questions you may have, regardless of your D.I.Y. experience. 

Good luck with your kitchen project. Looking forward to seeing updates on your project soon.

Akanksha

ritcho
Getting Established

Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply. The information is so useful and I prefer to modify my doors with MDF then add plywood. I have also looked at the discussion you suggested. It was an amazing and love the detailed information and pictures provided by that member. Excellent!

Can't wait to start my work.

Will update my progress here...

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ritcho

I'm glad my suggestions helped, should you have any questions while modifying your doors, please don't hesitate to ask them. Our members will be more than happy to provide advice and information.

Eric

ritcho
Getting Established

Hi Eric, 

may I know how thick the MDF should I use ? Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ritcho

I suggest using 3mm MDF or 3mm Plywood. Please keep in mind to test first before committing all your doors to the process.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects