Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

benchtop protection

Lorpi
Getting Established

benchtop protection

Hi,

I recently bought a benchtop oven/grill. I am living in a rental property so I need to make sure that it doesn't damage the benchtop beneath it. What would be the best/cheapest way to achieve this. It does not matter how it looks.

Thanks

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: benchtop protection

Hello @Lorpi 

How big is the oven/grill? Length and width? You can use a 600 x 600 tile side by side and place the oven/grill on top of the tiles. This will deflect the heat and protect the bench top. However extreme heat for very long periods will heat up the tile eventually and then will unavoidably damage the bench top. Please make sure to send me the size of the oven/grill so that I may make more suggestions. 

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Lorpi
Getting Established

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The oven/grill is 38.5cm(H) x 55cm(W) x 43.2cm(D)

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Lorpi 

Can you please post a picture of it? Possibly a brand name? Thanks.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Lorpi
Getting Established

The brand is 'Anko' which is a Kmart homebrand.

20200826_232337.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Lorpi 

As a tenant myself I make sure that none of my appliances damage the bench top while I am renting my current home. I suggest a project panel 500mm x 600 x 30 or thicker if you wish. This will be your shield against the heat from the oven/grill, it also serves as your sacrificial piece, it can get wet damaged, burnt, scratched and violently handled. It's okay its meant to take the abuse, as long as it does not hurt the bench top below. Simply attach two timber strips at the bottom and these will serve as the feet for your oven grill pad. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

lorpi1.jpglorpi2.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects