Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adding drawers to a warbrobe insert

Macka1275
Just Starting Out

Adding drawers to a warbrobe insert

I want to take 2 drawers from a Flexi Storage White 3 Shelf 4 Drawer Built In Wardrobe Unit 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/flexi-storage-white-3-shelf-4-drawer-built-in-wardrobe-unit_p2583991

and fit them to a Flexi Storage White 6 Shelf Built In Wardrobe Unit

https://www.bunnings.com.au/flexi-storage-white-6-shelf-built-in-wardrobe-unit_p2583992 .

Are the side panel holes the same on both units?

Picture2.jpgPicture3.jpgPicture4.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Adding drawers to a warbrobe insert

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Macka1275. It's terrific to have you join us. We have clever and creative members posting inspiring projects and helpful information on the site every day so please feel free to post whenever you need a hand with anything around the house or garden.

Let me tag @MitchellMc for you. I'm sure he will be more than happy to contact the Flexi Storage team if need be and assist you with this project. He is back on the site tomorrow. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Macka1275,

It's great to have you join us.

From what I can ascertain after speaking with Flexi Storage is that the 6 shelf unit has holes the whole way down to allow the shelves to be adjusted. What they couldn't confirm is if the 3 shelf 4 drawer uses the shelf holes for the drawers or if it has additional holes for the runners at those specific locations. If the drawers do use the standard shelf holes for their runners then you could swap them over. I presume that they would actually be using the same side panels on both units but have sent off an email to them to qualify this for us. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Macka1275,

Both units use the same side panels so you can transfer the drawers between them. There are two screws per drawer runner which fix into the series of holes in the side panels. These are the same holes which the shelves use, and I've marked one of them in green. The screw marked in red is self-tapping and fixes directly into the timber. Please insert the screws into the existing holes first and then install the screw into the timber.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

Thanks

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects