Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Adhesive vinyl planks over tiles

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Adhesive vinyl planks over tiles

Hi all 

We recently started laying some adhesive vinyl planks in our house. I'd done the research and we settled on Gerflo Senso Natural Lord planks.

After

20221020_070023.jpg

We also did the floor preparation to ensure the adhesive planks stuck on well.

Before 

20221018_175550.jpg

Process

IMG-20221018-WA0003.jpg

There was a fair bit of planning to do (self driven) to ensure everything looked just right and extra care to execute but the results are worthwhile.

Dining area

20221020_210344.jpg

We started with the dining room and the kids area - a good large space to get used to and the  continued to the kitchen area.

Kitchen area 

20221020_210419.jpg

Kids hangout

20221020_065907.jpg

All in all, it took us two nights after work and they looks really good, with some so knees and backs.

Next up is the entry and main hallway.

20221009_201348.jpg

Cheers all.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Re: Adhesive vinyl planks over Tiles

Many thanks EricL. You have confirmed what I thought from Chaks article, and this provides confidence in going forward.

John

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Adhesive vinyl planks over tiles

Hi @jahcann,

Please reach out if you need further assistance with your project or have questions; we're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Adhesive vinyl planks over Tiles

Hi @jahcann 

Thank you for the kinds words.

I did not remove the skirting as @EricL mentioned but I did leave a couple mm's against the skirting for expansion as per instructions. It may not be too visible on the photos. 

We've only had them on for a few weeks so I can't speak to much on durability but so far they have been great with water spills, cleaning food (we have a toddler) and durability. We had trades walk over them for a few days and they are perfectly fine.

All the best and happy to answer any questions where I can.

Kind regards 

----
diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Hi all @jahcann @Completenovice @EricL 

Finally finished installing the vinyl in the hallways. Really happy with the outcome below. 

20221030_183342.jpg

20221030_183324.jpg

Cleaning and priming the surface, ensuring your tiles are in good condition and level and applying good pressure to ensure the adhesive is activated is absolutely key for anyone thinking of installing these.

All the best

Cheers all

After the doing 

----
SueD1
Growing in Experience

What a transformation, this looks amazing, love your choice of planks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @SueD1,

Were you thinking of completing your own transformation using vinyl planks? Laying vinyl planks is a super-simple process that can be done over a variety of existing floors. Our knowledgeable members will be full of helpful advice to make the project a breeze.

Please let us know if you need assistance or have questions about the installation.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects