Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any advice for building walk-in robe shelves?

Grammy2RD
Getting Established

Any advice for building walk-in robe shelves?

I am considering building some shelves for my walk in robe. It currently only has hanging space along 2 walls, with a shelf above. The existing shelf is 450 deep and I would like to keep to that depth, and the wall I would put the shelves on is 1750 long. Just wondering what timber I should look at using for the shelves. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Any advice for building walk-in robe shelves?

Hey @Grammy2RD , welcome to the Bunnings Workshop Community, it's great to have you here!

Grab yourself some Black or White Matte Melamine, the finish is awesome for shelves. We used it for our Linen Closet build so much that we will be doing this design (with the addition of a clothes rail) in the kids room and our spare room. The shelves themselves are secured using Pine FJ DAR and are capped off with Pine moulding FJ colonial SA2 clear :smile: 

5.png

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Grammy2RD

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building shelves for your wardrobe. 

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Remarka6le. Just to add to the suggestions made, If you would like some colour to your panels, I suggest using InBuilt Melamine Panels. However, if you prefer plain white there are CUSTOMpine melamine panels that come in different sizes.

But before you start buying your panels, I suggest getting pen and paper and planning out the different sections of your wardrobe. Having a plan will give you a much better idea of how big the panels should be cut and where different pieces of your clothing will be stored into.   

Here are some excellent wardrobe projects our Workshop members have shared:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Grammy2RD
Getting Established

Thankyou both for the help. I'll take a look at the links. I'm sure they will help me with ideas :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects