Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bed frame from repurposed pallets

sudarsoe
Cultivating a Following

Bed frame from repurposed pallets

My daughter asked for a funky pallet style bedframe, so I asked around for old pallets in my local fb buy nothing group and manage to acquire couple of old ones.

The pallets were rough and dangerous, so there was lots of elbow grease involved in creating this piece. For this project only 50% of the pallets were useable, the rest were rubbish (too rough, uneven or split when I disassembled them).

From dismantling, removing rusty nails, design, construction and selecting useable parts, everything had to be done carefully to ensure the job done perfectly.

P.S.: There was also lots and lots of sanding 😝

Pallet wood is soft and prone to split and cracking, so it is not advisable to be used as support. Proper bed slats from unwanted bed frame needed to be used to offer proper mattress support.

all in the name of design…. Sighhhh 😣

35356C98-E942-4F1E-BE54-AD982149ABAA.jpeg
333F8F42-18EE-4301-B09C-EDD7E469FC6C.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bed frame from repurposed pallets

Well done @sudarsoe and many thanks for sharing. I'm sure your daughter is really happy with her funky new bed. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Bed frame from repurposed pallets

Hey @sudarsoe well done looks excellent, you can take it to the next level by adding a battery operated motion detection 1m led strip to the underside of the pallets so that when your daughter steps out of bed the lights turn on. I always suggest using some silicon when applying these strip's as I fi d they never hold with the 2 sided tape. Make sure you don't silicon  the motion detector down that you can't change the battery.

Screenshot_20220905-184353_Chrome.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects