Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedside tables with a 50s feel

Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

Bedside tables with a 50s feel

These were the two round ends of an old dressing table which required quite a bit of carpentry to modify and repair.  Lots of sanding then treated sides with a textured vinyl with a metallic-look for added drama.  Sanded laminate tops and used a matt gold spray. 

20220102_163951.jpg

for some added drama. 

20220102_164007.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bedside tables with a 50s feel

I'm loving that textured vinyl @Wendyjoyhall! It really adds dimension to the pieces. Was it challenging to apply?

You've done an excellent job breathing new life into these pieces, and I'm sure they'll have pride of place for many years to come.

Great work.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you.  It was quite easy to fix to a well sanded surface.  I can't keep them all so they go to new homes and I use the $ to start the next one.  It's fun. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Wendyjoyhall

Can you please tell us where you sourced the metallic-looking vinyl? It is such a fantastic-looking material, I was very convinced that it was pressed sheet metal nailed onto the body of the cabinet. That matt gold spray really enhances the overall look of the table. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

Hi Eric

Spotlight! I keep my eye out for interesting vinyls. Quite inexpensive too as it is usually 150cm wide. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects