Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Boho teenage retreat. I made a fourposter bed out of bamboo.

RenoSal
Growing in Experience

Boho teenage retreat. I made a fourposter bed out of bamboo.

I bought bamboo posts and a bamboo outdoor screen to make a four poster bed.

Firstly, I started with the metal bed base and cable tied the upright bamboo posts, to it.

Then, I cable tied the ones running across.

When I was happy with how it looked, I screwed large screws into the metal base and attached the uprights.

Next I screwed the across posts, to the uprights.

I Cut the screening in half, length ways But used wire or a large cable tie, to hold the bottom bamboo On before it cut. Otherwise it falls apart.

Attached the head and end with large screws. 
Lastly, decoratedAFAA6E38-12EB-4386-A02F-DD9734E4BC3B.jpeg0B51B65A-F62A-4296-B57A-A83C1F35FBEF.jpeg2450326C-8450-4F68-97DC-96463BE7BC88.jpeg9AEC7824-59E5-49A2-B2A4-3951A5A8DFAC.jpegF2CC28FC-F64F-4F1C-BD32-8106FA56B8D0.jpeg with Muslin and fairy lights ❤️

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Boho teenage retreat. I made a fourposter bed out of bamboo.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RenoSal. It' terrific to have you join us and many thanks for your sharing your project.

That's a fantastic retreat you have created there, and I trust you must be very proud of your efforts. I can imagine many teenagers would be ecstatic calling that their bedroom.

I've put a small list together of the products you have mentioned to benefit our other members that might like to take inspiration from your project. I believe you have used bamboo raftsbamboo polesjute webbing and cable ties.

We look forward to hearing more about your other projects around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know anytime you need help or had something to share. I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration within the community as our creative members are posting their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
RenoSal
Growing in Experience

Re: Boho teenage retreat. I made a fourposter bed out of bamboo.

Thanks so much. I’m excited to share more of my reno and dyi ideas.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects