Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bright & airy master bedroom revamp

TheSparrowHome
Having an Impact

Bright & airy master bedroom revamp

People say the kitchen is the heart of the home so maybe the bedroom is the soul?!  Light & airy vibes bringing sweet dreams in this Master Bedroom revamp.  

Materials

• Easy VJ 
  • Dulux Wash & Wear - Lexicon 1/4 used here
  • Selleys - Liquid Nails
  • FlexiStorage Photo Shelf - (3 x 600mm used here) - range of sizes available
  • Flexistorage Photo Shelf

Tools

• Circular Saw or large table saw 
  • Paint Roller and Tray
  • Monarch Corner Pad Applicator
  • Spirit Level
  • Caulking Gun
  • Screwdriver

Steps

Step 1

IMG_9314.jpeg

Make sure you measure up the space. We used 2.5 boards here so needed to cut one panel down (with circular saw) to fit the space. 

Step 2

IMG_9315.jpeg

These boards will hold with Selley’s Liquid Nails. We have a nail gun so did tack in few places as our walls (being very old) are not a smooth/straight surface and needed a little convincing. Don’t forget to No More Gaps the join! 

Step 3

IMG_5687.jpeg

Time to paint. Using the Monarch Corner Pad Applicator will make painting in the grooves so much easier and gets much better coverage than a paint brush. Make sure your roller isn’t too overloaded with paint. ***no need for primer on these boards but to get a crisp white, a coat of primer will prevent you needing additional top coats.

Step 4

IMG_3915.jpeg

Time to add a shelf! 
Flexistorage Photo Shelves are so easy to install and come with instructions. Just make sure you have a Spirit Level to ensure the shelves are level. 

Step 5

Enjoy…

IMG_9014.jpeg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bright & airy master bedroom revamp

Hi @TheSparrowHome,

The bedroom is soul - I just love that! I think you have created a gorgeous retreat that you will be happy to go to every night. Well done on this fantastic project, you should be very proud.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hello @TheSparrowHome,

I echo what @KatieC said - this is a beautiful bedroom makeover. You've truly managed to create a relaxing retreat.

What would be the one piece of advice you'd give to someone who is planning a bedroom revamp of their own? Anything to keep in mind?

Congratulations again on this project and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Akanksha 

NSULLIVAN
Finding My Feet

Beautiful bedroom! I love this shelf I need one for my room, much nicer than just hanging pictures on the wall and can change it up when you want to. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NSULLIVAN. It's terrific to have you join us, and great to see this wonderful project has inspired you.

Let me mention @TheSparrowHome so they are alerted to your kind comment.

Do you have a bedroom that you could create a similar look?

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects