Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bright and beautiful shabby chic bedroom

Luisa1963
Finding My Feet

Bright and beautiful shabby chic bedroom

We changed our main bedroom from a dark and dull room to a bright and beautiful fresh shabby chic. Starting with the floor we put down floorselect  8mm Terrene Oak to the chandelier with rust Oleum chalk ultra Matt Serenity Blue Spray Paint. We also freshened up the walls with paint pictures and wallpaper to beautiful sheer curtains and a change from dark wood to white shabby chic furniture

20220610_134425.jpg

20220407_155807.jpg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bright and beautiful shabby chic bedroom

Hi @Luisa1963 

A huge welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! So excited to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your bedroom makeover. 

I'm really digging your new bedroom, and 'fresh shabby chic' is the perfect description for it! It's amazing something as simple as putting up paintings or installing sheer curtains can really change the entire vibe of a room and make it so much more inviting and relaxing. Did you end up buying the white shabby chic furniture or did you refurbish it from dark wood yourself? 

Once again, congratulations on such a beautiful makeover. Looking forward to seeing more of your projects.

Thanks

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi I wanted to do the furniture and then we found some beautiful ones from gumtree and decided to go with them ,turn out well as our neighbours son bought our old bedroom furniture.

That's a great win-win situation! Thanks for sharing, @Luisa1963. Hope you're enjoying your new bedroom. 

Looking forward to seeing what projects you tackle next.

Thanks again

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects