Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Built-in wall unit

raereid
Finding My Feet

Built-in wall unit

20201018_152838.jpg

This is our first and biggest diy project that we have done. Between us we have very little carpentry experience, it was all 'learn as you go'. I designed the unit with the cd's in mind and the rest evolved from there. 

The unit is made out of mdf boxes we built to slot into the spaces. Plastered in between with hardwood trims.

20200831_105521.jpg

20200912_145637.jpg

20191224_202356.jpg

20201018_153034.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Built-in wall unit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @raereid. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this fantastic project.

That is quite stunning, and I love it! You've done an excellent job designing the unit, and the boxes are all just placed so nicely and in proportion. The colour you've chosen for the plasterwork is tremendous, do you remember the name?

I trust your project will provide plenty of inspiration for our members, and I very much look forward to your next one.

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Built-in wall unit

Thank you Mitchell, that's very kind.

Sadly the paint colour has no name. I had it made up to match the laminated teal colour on our the back of the kitchen bench.

Rae

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects