Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cabinet makeover - My DIY Brunette to Blonde

susandiy
Growing in Experience

Cabinet makeover - My DIY Brunette to Blonde

After two years of practicing on free finds that I would call treasure hunting Tuesday, that I saved from landfill. I finally found the courage and decided to start on my own old out dated furniture pieces. Here is the first what do you think? Sd. crayon Creations 

AF3ECD79-EF15-4399-877D-D0C8870B5450.jpeg

E28AD620-BEFA-4566-8EDD-D4B50BAADAF6.jpeg

E1836B4E-1468-4793-BEE4-E9974D86035B.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cabinet makeover - My DIY Brunette to Blonde

Hello @susandiy

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thank you for sharing your cabinet makeover.

I believe your practice has truly paid off, the transformation of your dark-coloured cabinet to a beautiful blond finish is truly impressive. It is a great character transformation as the blonde finish gives it a very coastal feel and looks much more cheerful. Thank you very much for showing the details inside the cabinet and how you mounted the fabric weave to the doors of the cabinet. Can you please tell us what finish you used on the timber cabinet? 

We look forward to seeing your next makeover piece.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
susandiy
Growing in Experience

Re: Cabinet makeover - My DIY Brunette to Blonde

Good morning Eric,

thank you for your lovely words regarding my latest makeover. It was a fun test project with a great result. I sanded the piece right back to raw and just added two coats of Cabot’s clear poly in a Satin finish to complete this look.

BF7BE6D0-07B1-4CFA-9ADC-C8642397463F.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects