Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cabinet makeover

DesKyrillidis
Growing in Experience

Cabinet makeover

Small bedside table found in hard rubbish that had a crack in the front drawer. Filled crack, sanded, primed with BIN Zinsser and mixed Dulux Vivid White with a tube of Dark Green acrylic paint. 2 coats of paint and decoupaged wrapping paper onto front drawers. Sealed with Pureco Eggshell Sealer. Drawer knobs from Kmart. 

20220530_115821.jpg

20220530_115847.jpg

20220529_084757.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cabinet makeover

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @DesKyrillidis. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this lovely project.

You've really given that cabinet a new lease on life! With the decoupaging, do you just glue the print on with something like PVA glue? I'm keen to hear more about that process.

We look forward to hearing more about all your projects around the home and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Cabinet makeover

Hi Mitch, yes I used pva glue on the drawer cabinet and then again on top of the paper. 

First I sprayed water on the wrapping paper then sponged it off before applying the paper to the glue. This stops it from wrinkling. 

Happy that it is no longer going into landfill. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects