Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Change hanging photo frame to standing frame

Radish
Growing in Experience

Change hanging photo frame to standing frame

I've been given a lovely photo in a frame to hang on the wall.

I would prefer to have it stand on a table.   The back infill is

14" x 11".   Has anyone had this problem & can help me.

I'm new to this format but any advice would be welcome.

Thank you Radish 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Change hanging photo frame to standing frame

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Radish. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I think there are a few ways that you could go about doing this with some being more complicated than others. I would like to encourage you to make one out of some timber similar to the one below I just made. However, I think it might be more practical to perhaps purchase an inexpensive photo frame that has a stand. You could then remove its backing and simply glue it to your frames infill. The frame I've taken apart is too small for your dimensions, though I think you'll be able to purchase a frame very inexpensively.

Alternatively, you could pick up a traditional standing frame as pictured below.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Radish
Growing in Experience

Thanks for your good ideas.   I don't want to use the stand but I hadn't thought of that but your 1st suggestion of making a wooden stand is possible but probably I'll look around for another infill to replace mine as a 1st option.     I've also been searching around some old frames at home and have found one that isn't quite big enough so maybe I could take that infill and stick it to the new one - do you think that would work & what would you recommend that I stick it with - is there some sort of strong sticky tape?    Thank you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Radish,

It would be possible to stick the infill you found to the new one. We have a whole range of double-sided tapes which would be perfect for the job. Something like Scotch 2.5cm x 1.5m Extreme Double-Sided Mounting Tape would be perfect.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Radish
Growing in Experience

Thanks Mitchell

My husband said he has some of that tape so I'll give him the job this afternoon.    Thank you for your patience and advice.   It's great to have this workshop to help people to find solutions and get help.

Leonie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects