Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chest of drawers makeover

sidrah
Cultivating a Following

Chest of drawers makeover

Gave a bit of a makeover to this Ikea chest of drawers.

The girls had outgrown the white aesthetic and I wanted to try my hand at something different.

For this project, I used the Zinserr Bin Primer on the drawers after sanding them. I let the primer cure for 48 hours and then used the shade black caviar by Dulux and painted the drawers.

Once that was dry, I did a bit of free hand sketching and came up with a floral pattern. Used the shade Sundance by porters paint and and a fine paint brush to paint over the sketch. This took some patience because I'm not an artist 😅

Once it was dry, I sealed the drawers w8th cabots clear water based varnish. Added in some new gold hardware from bunnings and we are good to go. My daughter loves it and it makes such a statement in her room ❤️

Screenshot_20210519-160514_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-135041_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-135906_Instagram.jpg

  

20210503_121939.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Chest of drawers makeover

Hi @sidrah,

You have done such a gorgeous job! Before reading your description I thought your florals were from a stencil. This is a great upcycling projects and may even make it into our top 10 most popular indoor furniture projects one day.

Well done, I look forward to seeing more of your projects. 

Katie 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sidrah
Cultivating a Following

Re: Chest of drawers makeover

Thank you. I liked the look of floral wallpapers but decided to push myself and keep the project on a budget 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects