Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chest of drawers restoration

Torza
Finding My Feet

Chest of drawers restoration

A1865CC1-9D8A-44D7-8E10-1B0660FFA8FB.jpeg

07CBD162-D272-4118-878E-21A9D91837B3.jpeg

This is a set of drawers I got for free and I spent the weekend sanding the old grey paint off of them before giving them a couple of coats of clear varnish. They are for my daughters room and she loves them

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Chest of drawers restoration

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Torza. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this remarkable project.

It's awesome that you've restored this unit. As much as I appreciate a coat of paint to bring furniture new life, there's something magical about unveiling hidden timber, especially if it has such a beautiful grain as this.

I can see why your daughter is chuffed with her new drawers. They look amazing!

Well done, and I can't wait to see what you get up to next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Chest of drawers restoration

Hi @Torza 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! We're so happy to have you join us. It's a great place for like-minded D.I.Y. enthusiasts, and hope you will find it informative and inspiring. Please let me know if you need a hand getting the most out of the site.

Many thanks for sharing this restoration. I love the new look you've created, wonderful to see your daughter is enjoying these drawers too. Great job. Any tips for our members who may be looking to do a similar project? Any thing to keep in mind?

Thanks, and welcome once again. 

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects