Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Clean home workstation

dwarchot
Just Starting Out

Clean home workstation

Completed desk, Acacia wood brown. The base is an ikea 4 cube (however, Bunnings have virtually the same). I removed the middle divider to make room for my RedBull fridge). Gilly's Carnauba Polish was used on all wood surfaces.Completed desk, Acacia wood brown. The base is an ikea 4 cube (however, Bunnings have virtually the same). I removed the middle divider to make room for my RedBull fridge). Gilly's Carnauba Polish was used on all wood surfaces.34inch flat AOC gaming monitor, mounted on wall using a Crest full motion articulated TV mount (rated to 30kgs, purchased from Bunnings)).. Led lights, mounted behind, where purchased from Bunnings34inch flat AOC gaming monitor, mounted on wall using a Crest full motion articulated TV mount (rated to 30kgs, purchased from Bunnings)).. Led lights, mounted behind, where purchased from BunningsSide floating shelf, 200mm wide. Used 200mm Goliath Standard Drawer Slides (45kg rating) purchased from BunningsSide floating shelf, 200mm wide. Used 200mm Goliath Standard Drawer Slides (45kg rating) purchased from BunningsAnother floating shelf made from Acacia brown wood panels, cut to size.Another floating shelf made from Acacia brown wood panels, cut to size.Again, using the 200mm Goliath standard drawer slides. This this I tried to the minimise end grain by cutting 45 degree angle.Again, using the 200mm Goliath standard drawer slides. This this I tried to the minimise end grain by cutting 45 degree angle.Small drawer, with a hidden parcel. This only extends half the length of the desk. To access the rear compartment you just release the side clips and pull the shelf the whole way out.Small drawer, with a hidden parcel. This only extends half the length of the desk. To access the rear compartment you just release the side clips and pull the shelf the whole way out.using 3mm mdf wood, offcuts as support, and lined with Crafted black felt self adhesive, purchased from Bunnings, in the craft section.using 3mm mdf wood, offcuts as support, and lined with Crafted black felt self adhesive, purchased from Bunnings, in the craft section.Floating shelf. This portion was made with the off cut from the main desk.Floating shelf. This portion was made with the off cut from the main desk.Another view of the black felt inserts to complete a clean look. Works a treat when reading and magazine or newspaper.Another view of the black felt inserts to complete a clean look. Works a treat when reading and magazine or newspaper.felt board is removable to gain access to the storage compartmentfelt board is removable to gain access to the storage compartmentFelt board in place depicting a somewhat clean look and feelFelt board in place depicting a somewhat clean look and feelMagnets are used to hold the drawers open. This was needed to stop the drawer from moving when using the keyboard.Magnets are used to hold the drawers open. This was needed to stop the drawer from moving when using the keyboard.Open drawers with felt boards removed. The desk can be operated this way. The felt boards where an afterthought.Open drawers with felt boards removed. The desk can be operated this way. The felt boards where an afterthought.Open drawer depicting storage space.Open drawer depicting storage space.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Clean home workstation

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dwarchot. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What an amazing desk setup you've created there! Seems to have the best of everything. I love how you've gone to so much effort customising everything. I trust it's just perfect for your needs.

Congrats on a fabulous project, and I look forward to seeing what you'll tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects