Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cube storage unit upcycle

Leaht
Growing in Experience

Cube storage unit upcycle

F46EFF65-7CA2-43FB-82F5-4FA273051DF8.jpeg

92B72797-A7B0-4F10-86B5-702B129C0BD4.jpeg

   

I converted a large white cube storage unit into a more stylish cubby for our playroom, we cut the cube unit down to be an 8 cube unit, by adding a pine frame to the base it lifted it off the ground and added some extra character, we then added a pine timber top stained in walnut stain and clear coat. We sanded, primed and painted the unit in my favourite green, added some nice baskets from Bunnings and now the kids have a place to store all there toys that looks nice too.

5FE3688F-3B69-4371-868B-8D18F9A4A528.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cube storage unit upcycle

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Leaht. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this wonderful project.

That is such a unique and functional way of using cube storage. I trust you are delighted with the results! Well done thinking outside the box and creating such a brilliant addition to your home.

I look forward to hearing about the other projects you're working on around your home and garden.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
oheyitsbeano
Having an Impact

WOW leah! That looks fantastic!

The finish you got on the top of that panel looks really good! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @oheyitsbeano 

Let me tag @Leaht to make sure they are aware of your kind words. I love the green colour of the cabinet, but the finish on the top is superb. If you ever decide to make something similar, please make sure to post an update.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects