Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Custom made walk-in wardrobe

Tannie
Getting Established

Custom made walk-in wardrobe

I recently gutted and custom made our walk-in-wardrobe. I used 17mm plywood sheets from Bunnings and cut them to size with new tools all from Bunnings.  Dulux wash & wear paint from Bunnings, along with all the bits & bobs such as sealant, nails, screws, filler etc. Used left over house floor boards to replace the pink carpet and purchased 2 x second-hand wooden draw units.

pixlr_20220726205659457.jpg

VideoCapture_20220726-233347.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Custom made walk-in wardrobe

Hi @Tannie,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful you have decided to join and share your custom wardrobe project with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great community filled with inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. Awesome projects like yours sometimes get featured in our Top Ideas D.I.Y. Projects section, you might find yours there one day!

I really love your colour choice, it makes your wardrobe warm and inviting and the lighting brings in a fun element. Do you have any advice for someone looking to do a wardrobe makeover of their own? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tannie
Getting Established

Wow advice to others, this was my first go at renovating something so not sure I qualify to give advice, but one thing I can say which I found very important towards things going smoothly was having the right tools for the job.

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Amazing! Were you new to tools @Tannie? Did you have a favorite tool after this project?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects