Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY Desk

jessied6
Just Starting Out

DIY Desk

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to build a desk that is wide enough to fit a 48" tv and a mirror that is 65cm wide. I'm thinking maybe something that  195cm in width and 60 cm in depth. What material would you recommend using for this?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Desk

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jessied6. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Do you have any idea of what style of desk you wish to create? That might give our helpful members a better idea of what they could recommend for the project.

You should find these step-by-step tutorials help:

You might also like to check out these previous discussions on the topic:

I'm a big fan of our laminated panels for projects like this. As you can see from the examples above the end result is fantastic. They generally finish at 600mm wide which is close to what you are after. Your width of 195cm is fairly wide and you would need some type of support midway. This could either be a wall mount, table leg or a supporting timber member underneath.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @jessied6 

Can I request for a hand drawn sketch of how you wish to layout the tv/mirror combo? Is it separate or together?

Thanks!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jessied6,

Just thought I'd check in and see how your desk project is progressing. I trust Mitchell's reply was very helpful in getting you started. If you are stuck I would encourage you to share a sketch as per @redracer01's reply as I'm sure he could help with some more detailled plans for you.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects