Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY light fittings

Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

DIY light fittings

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-18 at 1.19.30 PM.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-18 at 1.19.32 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-02-18 at 11.14.11 AM.jpegI am renovating a home and was thinking of low-cost DIY lighting ideas. Came up with the idea of using palm inflorescences  - I love the look, the renovation will be a biophilic design and it is free from my garden.

What do you think? 

Photos are just me trying with what I have at home :smile:

You can follow my renovation journey from my Instagram  

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-19 at 5.26.23 PM (2).jpeg

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: DIY light fittings

These look great, can't say I've seen anything like it! Would be interested to see how the lighting is at night :smile: 

Remarka6le
Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

Thank you so much! My DIY skills are rusted since my last reno but will definitely try. I love it too.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Cocoplum

Thank you very much for sharing this very interesting design. Using the palm tree's inflorescences is a clever way of using this part of the tree that is often just put in the bin. Have you considered trimming it or cutting it into a particular shape? I'm sure the inflorescences will retain their general shape. 

Again thank you for sharing such an original light fitting design.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cocoplum
Building a Reputation

So glad you like it. Yes, I will try a few design options. shaping or colour changes. I have unlimited supply :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects