Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easycraft VJ on brick

Roger1490
Just Starting Out

Easycraft VJ on brick

Has anyone placed the easycraft VJ panels directly onto brick with liquid nails/screws or the like? The installation guide says to place on battens first screwed into the wall but that means a heap of extra work (including changing cornice/skirt). Not that easy for us with brick homes on the west coast…..wanted to do a feature wall in the bedrooms. Any advice welcome!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Easycraft VJ on brick

Hello @Roger1490

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about installing  Easycraft VJ on brick.

Using Easycraft EasyVJ Panels is a popular and easy way to enhance the look of any room. I understand that putting battens in, adds more complexity to the job. Have a look at this discussion: How to secure VJ panels onto Besser bricks. My suggestion in that discussion was to build a brace to hold the panels in place until the glue cures. I recommended using masonry fixings to hold the panels in place as an alternative. It sounds like a fantastic project, any updates you can provide while building it would be much appreciated.     

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects