Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easycraft panels ending on an external corner

Kacey
Just Starting Out

Easycraft panels ending on an external corner

Hello,

we are looking to put the easycraft wall panels up in our living room. We have watched all the videos on how to do it ourselves but no where does it say how you should finish it on an external corner. See photo to demonstrate what I mean.

can anyone provide any information on how to do this? I’ve been told to possibly end with stainless steel but that is not the look we are going for. Ideally just want to end it nicely using the panels. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

74107931-935A-46CC-B8D2-D0BFF8522CB1.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Easycraft panels ending on an external corner

Welcome to the Workshop community @Kacey.

Here's a step-by-step tutorial on How to finish an external corner with Easycraft panels 

Our community has many helpful and creative members sharing their projects here daily. Please feel free to post anytime you had a question or a project to share.

If you need further assistance or have other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, 

Yes thanks I have already watched the video but it goes around the corner not finishing at the corner. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Kacey.

I apologise for interpreting your question incorrectly.

If you wanted it to seamlessly finish at the edge on the corner I would cut the last panel so it is flush with the corner and then fix it in place. Use builders bog and fill the gap which is remaining with the adjacent wall. You want the builders bog to be slightly proud of the adjacent wall so when we sand it back there is a perfect transition into the edge of the panel.

After sanding and blending of the transition into the corner is complete, prime over the bog and paint the area.

Mitchell

ghux
Just Starting Out

I am having the same issue! Did you find a solution or did you builders bog it???

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ghux

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about the Easycraft panels.

Let me tag @Kacey to make them aware of your question. Using builder's bog is a practical solution to filling the gap. It is a stable medium and not prone to shrinkage. It is not affected by temperature or moisture. It can be sanded down and painted over. 

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects