Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Extra large ottoman tray for living room

igarimasingh
Cultivating a Following

Extra large ottoman tray for living room

We moved into our house last year and I wanted to be able to up-cycle my existing feature while staying true to my pocket. One thing I have noticed on many Pinterests items are people using ottoman trays and accessorising it to give an extremely classy look to their living room. I went online to search one which I can buy and the size I was looking at would have easily costed me hundreds of dollars. Hence we came up with our D.I.Y idea and what can a trip to Bunnings not solve :smile:

We got our raw material from Bunnings:

Making it was straight forward from this point onwards. Using our Ryobi hammer drill quickly got the handles attached and we were ready to go.

ottoman tray.jpeg

A quick tip: Stick a piece of masking tap at the place where you plan to drill the holes, this helps with keeping the material around on the hole in the timber panel clean :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Extra large ottoman tray for living room

Hello @igarimasingh

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's magnificent to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your ottoman tray project.

What an excellent add-on to your ottoman. It automatically converts it into an impromptu table at short notice. The best part is that also becomes the biggest cheese board you've ever seen. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
TrudiA
Getting Established

What a great idea! So simple, yet so stylish. For a smaller one, we could get it cut to size in store at the time of purchase. On my to-do list!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @TrudiA

I'm in total agreement with you, it is a great idea. It's fantastic that @igarimasingh's project has inspired you to make your own. Please make sure to post an update, I'm sure our members would be keen to see your version of an ottoman tray.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects