Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

False wall to mount monitors beside bed idea, need DIY knowledge / expertise

draymon
Just Starting Out

False wall to mount monitors beside bed idea, need DIY knowledge / expertise

As someone in a rental, I am not allowed to drill into the walls. so i thought I might make a temp wall as I wish to mount some computer monitors and a tv on swing mounts so that I can watch tv and play pc in bed due to a recent bad back making seating painful. my query is would a kitchen benchtop slid down the gap between the box bed frame and the wall be strong enough to hold the mounts and the monitors?

was thinking to add a pegboard frame to add stability and a larger base

idea 1idea 1

Anyone

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: False wall to mount monitors beside bed idea, need DIY knowledge / expertise

Hello Draymon,

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your bed and the area you are planning to put the artificial wall into. This will give us a better idea of what we need to do recomendation wise. Thanks!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: False wall to mount monitors beside bed idea, need DIY knowledge / expertise

Hi @draymon,

Welcome to Workshop. Really sorry to read of your bad back - I'm sure we can also sympathise. 

Great to see you have already received a helpful reply from redracer. Hopefully you can share some photos for us so the community can see what you are working with and give more specific advice. 

Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand. We have an extremely helpful and knowledgeable community, with members sharing advice and inspiration every day. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects